Shingu Kumano Shrine Monju-do Hall, Monju Bosatsu Kishi statue新宮熊野神社の文珠堂・木造文珠菩薩騎獅像
The Bodhisattva of Wisdom, whose lion can be passed under
The principal object of worship of the Monju-do Hall of Shingu Kumano Shrine is worshiped by the local people as the bodhisattva of wisdom and learning. It is said that those who can pass under the lion will become more intelligent.
Nagatoko, a National Important Cultural Property, is a building made in the shinden style at the end of the Heian period as the Kumano Shrine’s hall of worship. The 800-year old sacred ginkgo tree on the grounds creates a splendid sight that adorns Nagatoko from season to season.
- Shingu Kumano Shrine Monju-do Hall, Monju Bosatsu Kishi statue(wooden statue of Monju Bosatsu on a lion)
- Kitakata City
- Prefectural Important Cultural Properties
- 2258 Kumano Shingu, Keitoku town, Kitakata city, Fukushima
- 10 min from Kitakata Station by car
- Parking Lot
- Yes (50 spaces)
- Shingu Regional Important Cultural Assets Historical Society