The 31st of Aizu's 33 Kannon pilgrimage sites, one of the Korori Three Kannon
The 31st of Aizu's 33 Kannon pilgrimage sites is Tachiki Kannon of Shingonshu Kintosan Eryu-ji Temple.
One of the Aizu Korori Three Kannon, said to bring blessings of easy delivery.
Harubaruto mairite ogamu Eryu-dera Itsumo taesenu matsukaze no oto
Eryu-ji Temple, wooden Senju Kannon standing statue
Standing at just over 7 meters high, this giant Senju(Thousand-armed) Kannon statue was carved directly into a sacred katsura tree, and it is said that the tree’s roots still remain beneath the statue.
A pillar that is said to grant the wishes of those who embrace it.
Eryu-ji Temple, Kannon-do Hall
Said to have been built around the year 1200.
Sakura(cherry blossoms) trees
This temple is also famous for its many sakura trees, whose flowers bloom in mid-April.
- Tachiki Kannon
- Aizubange Town
- Aizu's 33 Kannon Aizu's Korori 3 Kannon National Important Cultural Properties
- Matsubara-2944 Todera, Aizubange Town, Kawanuma District, Fukushima
- 1 min on foot from the “Todera Tachiki Kannon-mae” bus stop
- Parking Lot
- Kannon-do Hall entrance hours: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Viewing fee: 300 per person, no group discount
Reservation required for groups and those who wish to receive a blessing
- Kintosan Eryu-ji Temple, Tachiki Kannon-do Hall